Monday 13 March 2017

A day at the beach.

This is a story that I wrote about a memory.

At the beach we dived into the water, me and my sister, screaming and yelling that it’s freezing. When we got used to it we could feel all sorts of things under our feet; starfish; shells; rocks. We spent the day rolling around in the beach. Going overboard from our board when waves crashed against it like a raging hurricane. At least that was what we thought it was like.
We swam over to a rocky cave entering and placing snails on our board. We spent some time creating a snail colony before I yelled “TITANIC!” and tipped the board over. All the snails fell as if they were screaming “WHY, HENRY?!” and I laughed. I didn’t know why I did that. Maybe it was for the fun of it.
Then Ianthe and I realised our feet were cut and bleeding from all the shells and rocks. We tried to ignore the pain as I picked up something from underwater. It was a starfish! I shrieked and dropped it as my sister picked it up and yelled as well. I took it from her and chucked it away before swimming back over to shore. My feet hurt from all the cuts. As I wrapped myself in my towel our family got fish and chips for dinner and we all drank ginger beer. It was a nice time and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment